Sunday, May 13, 2012

LOVE YOU MOM

I opened my eyes, your Face was the most beautiful thing to see... Radiant, Serene... In that instant, You became the First Love of my Life... 

I stretched my hands, to feel your Warmth... You Embraced me in your arms... I tasted Heaven on this earth...Wrapped in the utmost Bliss...

I tried in vain, to sleep on my own... You stroked my hair, pulled me on your Lap... Your Soft Humming in my ears, lulled me to my Dreamland...

I took a step forward, my first attempt to walk... You came Running to hold my hand... Your Support made me stand straight... And I walked without Fear...


I scribbled on my notebooks... You made me sit by your side... You Recited poems, Drew Flowers for me... I learned the pleasure of Reading...

I was a nuisance at the Dinner table... You got up early... You took the pain of cooking Delicacies for me... Everyday, without fail... I enjoyed the Best Food on this earth...


I came back from the school, eyes wet with tears... You understood I had a fight... You remained silent, and made me rest on your Shoulder... Your silence Comforted my Soul...


I told you a lie... You got me at the very moment... You scolded for my behavior... I became angry... You Reasoned with me... I never repeated the mistake in my life...

I packed my bags for the hostel... I got frightened at the thought of leaving home... You told me Stories how you fought with adversities... I became Brave...


I came to a new city... Unknown of what's in store for me there... I got confused... I called you up... You Advised ways to work out things... I felt Home...

I felt lonely, missed You all the while...You rushed to my place, just to be my Company... I felt happy with the thought of Having the Best Gift sent to me by God...







Ma, You are always there for me at every footstep. Be it a happy moment, or a tear-filled one. Be it my mistake, or I am being wronged upon. Each time I look around me, You are the first person standing by my side. THANK YOU for being my Friend, Philosopher and Guide. THANK YOU for being such a lovely Mother. THANK YOU for being 'You'. 



(Dedicated to my first love -  my Beautiful Mother.....................)






6 comments: