Sunday, May 13, 2012

BIRTHDAY BASH.............. :)





Three days back was my li'l sister's birthday. That small kid who used to roll up on my belly and tickle me hard, turned fifteen last Thursday. As usual, I took all the responsibilities of arranging a small party for her. My first priority was to get the most suitable gift for her. I raked my brain hard, and then thought of buying pearl earrings. Then I ordered a chocolate cake for her, which is the most favorite thing in her life :). I invited all her friends and our relatives for a small get together. On the big day, leaving a 'Happy Birthday' message on my sleeping beauty's aka sister's cell, I started off early for my office. My intention was to finish off with my work quickly and leave the office early. Hopefully, everything went smooth, and I was done with all my work by the afternoon itself. I took a cab and returned home. On the way I also picked up a Jumbo-sized, musical greeting card from Archies .


As I reached home, my mother was already well prepared with all the home-made Delicacies for the guests. My father followed shortly after me, carrying the cake and goodies. Everything was set. The house was nicely decorated by lights, wall hangings, frills and balloons. My sister looked like an angel in the new dress she was wearing, and with my newly gifted pearl-drops on her ear. Soon the guests started coming in good number. The environment was filled with laughter and merriment. Everything went nicely. My angel got a lot of gifts to keep her busy with. Food was the best part of that evening. Everyone returned to their homes with a big smile on their face. 

The party was a grand success. All my efforts to make my dearie little sister happy, actually rewarded me back in a good way.  :)

2 comments: